1 medium sweet onion (Vidalia) sliced in your favorite stir fry fashion
4 oz. (half of a regular 8 oz. package) sliced mushrooms
1 medium chayote squash peeled, seeded, and sliced
(Additional or replacement veggies as desired)
4+ cups chopped cooked chicken (I use half of a Costco rotisserie chicken)
Small amount of oil for sautéing
1 tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
6 to 8 Tbsp. San-J Gluten-Free Szechuan Stir Fry Sauce
3 packets Splenda (optional)
- Sauté veggies in olive oil until just clear and just tender. Add pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder about half way through. (Because these three particular vegetables all require about the same amount of sauté time, I do them together.)
- Add chopped chicken and mix well until chicken is heated thoroughly.
- Pour San-J Szechuan Sauce down the sides of the wok pan and quickly coat everything in the sauce.
- Stir in Splenda if desired (I love the sweeter version of this recipe).
- Mix in thoroughly, and transfer all to serving bowl.
- Eat and enjoy immediately!
- This sauce is spicy hot (not quite jalapeno hot)
- Sauce is guaranteed gluten free
- Recipe yields four good-sized portions
Each portion (one quarter of the entire recipe) has 3.5 to 4 grams net carbs