As we enter this festive season, it seems as though there’s something missing. You feel it too, don’t you?
It’s simply this: the Rolling Stones have never released an album of their holiday favorites. Who wouldn’t want to hear Mick warble a few spasms of Silent Night or Joy to the World?
Okay, you may not be able to suspend disbelief to that extent, and I understand that. But what about some bluesy Stones-flavored Christmas makeovers? Here’s what I think a Rolling Stones Christmas album would look like.
A Rolling Stoned Christmas
- Brown Sugar Cookies
- Sympathy for the Savior
- Gimme Shelter (in the Inn)
- Santa’s Little Helper
- Paint It Green and Red
- Wild Reindeer
- You Can’t Always Get What You Want
(Christmas Present Blues)
- Mary’s Beast of Burden (The Donkey Song)
- (I Can’t Get No) Gift Transaction
- It’s Only Mistletoe (But I Like It)
- Let’s Spend the Night Together Shopping
(Christmas Eve Panic)
- Sleet Fightin’ Man (Santa’s Lament)